Sunday, July 7, 2013

GOTCHA DAY 7-1-13

I sure wish I was writing this the day we met Chloe, but today, as I write it has been almost a week since we first laid eyes on our Asian beauty-pure perfection!! Here's a recap of CHLOE Day...a day we will never, ever forget.

Our group (about 10 families) walked into the Zhengzhou Civil Affairs Office around 9:30 am. There were already babies there waiting with their orphanage directors/nannies. We watched as families literally had their breath taken away as they saw their children for the first time. It was a beautiful, beautiful sight. Lots of babies continued to arrive, but Chloe and one other child had yet to arrive. Nick and I and the other family still waiting just stared out at the parking lot begging for our babies to get there. Finally, around 10:45 am a blue SUV pulled in and we saw a caregiver getting out with a baby. We couldn't see the babies face so we weren't sure if it was Chloe or MeiMei, but the close the got I knew it was Chloe. The orphanage director walked right past me with her even though I was holding my arms out for her. Our guides showed the director that I was the mama and she gave Chloe to me. It was one of the greatest moments of my life...you know the moment when your kids are born and you see them for the first time...well, imagine that times 500. This child who we had prayed for, cried over, yearned for years for, and traveled the world for was finally being placed in our arms. I held it together because I didn't want to scare her, but Nick was having a tough time. He cried most of the morning prior to her arrival watching families receive their children. Although it was beautiful, there were many children there crying and begging not to go with their new mama and babas. Thankfully, our precious girl wasn't one of those children. She came to us and let us hold her without tears. She seemed so overwhelmed and we couldn't get any smiles, but she was content in our arms. We took turns holding her and loving on her while the other would try and get information from the nannies and sign paperwork. We found out that she hadn't eaten since 5:30 am so I scrambled (still shaking from nerves) to give her some baby food while we waited for the orphanage to give me formula which could only be obtained from them and wasn't available at the local Wal-Mart. Chloe ate like a champ...she is a chunky little thing. Lots of yummy rolls to kiss all down her legs and arms:) After all of our paperwork was complete we went back to the hotel for a bath, bottle, and nap. Chloe eats soooo well...well, formula that is. I don't think she has ever been given baby food or table foods. She has three teeth and naws the bottle to get her milk. I do have to squeeze just a little, but I am afraid she is quite used to doing it all by herself. She took a great nap and wasn't afraid when she woke up again to us. We are in love...and just so, so, so thankful to her Creator and the mother that gave birth to our daughter. She is precious beyond words and we can't wait to spend this life making up for the 13 months she spent without us!


One of the families in our group meeting Lily
 
 
 My friend Kelli meeting one of her children MeiLi

The room and all the families

Nick and I stared at this parking lot from the door for what felt like an eternity


Waiting for Chloe
 
Getting my baby girl for the very first time
 
JOY! 
 
She doesn't know what to think 

 One of the orphanage directors
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment