Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Consulate Appointment and Pearl Market

Today we started our day bright and early at the US Consulate. It was much more informal than I had imagined but we all took our oath as a group (I cried through it) and then were called to the window to sign the last of our documents on this journey. It is so surreal...we have come so far. On one had I can't wait to get that VISA and leave for the wonderful US, but with that comes great sadness to leave Chloe's homeland. Everything she has ever known has changed and soon so will all her surroundings, smells, people,and even language. She is ours forever, but I can't help but grieve for the mom who made the unthinkable decision to let her precious child go...saying goodbye means saying goodbye to her also. I will no longer look around and wonder could that be her...did she look like that? We will always be connected....



As soon as we land in Washington our daughter becomes a US Citizen...and after living in another country for 17 days a privilege I will no longer take for granted! 

At the consulate all decked out in our red, white, and blue!!!

After our consulate appointment we all went to the pearl market...we got several items, but my favorite purchase is a pearl necklace to give Chloe on her wedding day from her homeland. FYI-pearls here are 1/4 the cost as in the states.



No comments:

Post a Comment