Wednesday, February 29, 2012

About Us


I'm Katie, and this is where I journal our adoption journey. I started blogging before our first son Gavin was born, and it's become one of my favorite ways to document our life with kids. Now, I want to remember every step of our adoption journey so I started this seperate blog where I will write regarding all things adoption. First and foremost, I am a daughter of the King...this is my most fulfilling "title" by far. I am also the oldest of two children, and was raised in a Christian home. I consider this a great privilege. I have two amazing parents who are my joy! I grew up in a small town where I raised cattle (yes, cattle) until I moved to Orlando, FL for college at The University of Central Florida (go Knights). This is where I met my adorable husband, Nick. We have been married for almost 10 years. He is truly the love of my life and I'm so blessed to be married to him! We still live in Orlando where we both run businesses. I own my own speech therapy practice (www.simplyspeakingcentralflorida.com)and Nick runs a Martial Arts School (he is a tough, third degree black belt...pretty cool). As a business owner, I am able to balance my work and life as mommy as I please. Thank goodness for that because I adore our two boys, Gavin Nicolas and Ethan Paul. Gavin is almost 4 years old and our Ethan is almost 2. Gavin is our sensitive, mature, obiedient little boy. Ethan is our adventurous, ball-loving, sporty toddler! I can't imagine my life without them. Our days are brighter because God gave us them.

Our third child, we believe will become part of our family through international adoption. The Lord is clearly leading us down this path. I know He has a little squinty eyed bundle of joy already in mind for us. As a result of this calling to adopt, I have become passionate about the orphans of this world and hope that this blog creates even just a bit of awareness about the helpless and the great need for us all to act out James 1:27.

Stay tuned...our "About Us" is about to go through major construction as we journey through international adoption...all for love!

No comments:

Post a Comment