Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Another post in one day!!! My quiet time tonight was too good not to share. Most of you who know me well know I can juggle a LOT, but I also get pretty overwhelmed until I can cross off TO DOs on my list. And if you read the earlier post you also can see that my TO DOs will carry on for days. I thrive on checking things off my list as quickly and efficiently as possible. International adoption doesn't really fit my comfortable little checklist format. As today has passed the knot in my neck has gone from mild hurt to max hurt:) But I was quickly reminded tonight when I FINALLY stopped to devote some time to the Lord that He has this in His control.

My study verses tonight were this-

Phillipians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guards your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ.

It is so amazing to me how God can speak to me just the right thing at just the right time...sweet peace in Christ! And a gentle reminder that prayer and petition are important, but so is thanksgiving. And boy am I thankful, but that was easily lost today in my "to dos". Thanks for the reminder, Lord!

Ok, so here comes the sappy part...stop reading if you don't like cheesey sappiness! So, while I was reading my bible the song "Friends" by Michael W. Smith started to play. Another reminder of the incredible blessings in my life-friends! This journey is just beginning and I have so many wonderful, devoted, precious ladies who have begun to help and encourage me. You know who you are dinner/bake sale chair, cake pop extraordinaire, blog purchaser, company support chair, couponer/first donater, lotto ticket sender, reference writers, support letter proofers, pep talk givers...I really could go on for days! Just writing it all here makes me truly cry at the blessings my friends have been to me in these last months! Thank you sweet ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment