Monday, November 19, 2012

The New "Normal"

This month has been INSANE...I haven't really had to much time to think which has been good since I am anticipating seeing Baby Girl's face. We started the month with my dad's election-he won...WAHOO!! Then, a week and a half ago Nick's dad died unexpectedly...I won't really say much about that here, but it has been tough...for a lot of reasons. In the midst of all that, I had to fly out to my Speech-Language Pathology National Convention in Atlanta, GA. I got back only last night. Our to do lists are over flowing and in my normal type A fashion I want it all done yesterday! So, I have spent much of November not at home and I am ready to get back to "normal." Although, I wonder if there will ever be "normal" again? Waiting for your child's file was never part of our "normal" and then waiting for all the back and forth from China was never part of our "normal." Buying gifts for officials on Black Friday has never been part of my "normal" list. Well,  I guess what we have always thought of as "normal" is no longer, but I am ready to have time to just daydream again about Baby Girl...her eyes, her lips, her smile, her room, meeting her..."normal" plus Baby Girl is better than the old normal for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment