Friday, November 9, 2012

A Grateful Heart

Over the last 9 days I have been reflecting on what I am thankful for. Of course, I am extremely thankful to be a child of the King, for my family both immediate and extended, for my boys (God's greatest gift),  etc. etc. etc. But this year, my thankful list looks different than any other year and pertains mostly to adoption...it is for these things I am thankful...

1. Watching Oprah special on One-Child Policy in 1995.
2. Meeting Kerri Fowler Black, one of my best friends, who was adopted from Seoul, Korea in 1996.
3. Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman
4. CCAI
5. The Juliano's-first for David's initial meeting with Nick and then the friendship that formed after.
6. Family and friends who have loved and encouraged us (and not judged).
7. For a God who burdened my heart for the orphans of this world.
8. For a husband who had the courage to walk in faith and trusted God with me in this crazy journey
9. Eric Ludy-Depraved Indifference  (YouTube)
10. For my parents who understand!
11. For The Fosters, Altmans, Suttons, and Bertholics who have all be resources to us.
12. For the great blog writers who speak about adoption far better than I ever could (No Greater Joy Mom, Ashley Ann Photography)
13. For my faithful friends who have read the blogs with me just to know what we are feeling.
14. For my children who are learning more than I could ever say on this journey.
15. For those who have attended our fundraisers.
16. For those who have given.
17. For our references.
18. For God's provision in supplying all we need.
19. For Celeste Carr and her matching fund.
20. For China
21. For those who share a burden for orphans.
22. For Kat LaMons our social worker
23. For a job (and business partner) that will allow me to travel to China and love my little girl until she is firmly attached.
24. Parent training which we are required to take
25. For patience while we WAIT
26. For the Houston Courier
27. For a blog to express my thoughts and document this journey (thanks MM)
28. For all the pretty girlie clothes and shoes that have been given to us.
29. For the orphanage workers who are caring for our daughter.
30. That this time next year my biggest thanks will be that our sweet girl is celebrating the holidays with us.

1 comment: