Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Day-LID!!!!

Today we received notification from our agency that CCCWA has given us a log-in date (LID) of 10/31/12!!! This is soooo exciting because it means the next step will be seeing our little girl's face. This week has been a big week for us...on Monday my heart skipped a beat when we received notification that our dossier was delivered to the CCCWA in China. The email stated it usually takes 3 weeks to receive a LID...so I am sure you can imagine my surprise when I received an email this morning stating we had a LID...in THREE DAYS...NOT THREE WEEKS!

Also, this week, we got some not so exciting news...we were denied an adoption grant we had worked really hard on and were sooo hoping for to help cover the additional $13,000.00 we need. Nick told me several times he didn't think we would get the grant, but I was praying for the impossible. So I am sure you can imagine my disappointed when I opened up the letter stating we didn't make the cut:(

Well, thankfully God knew my disappointment and sent me a little devotion to encourage me, CHALLENGE me, and really ask me if I can trust Him? Can I wait patiently on Him, trusting in His perfect timing? Can I believe He has our best in mind and is working on our behalf?

If there is one thing I have learned on this adoption journey is that with each step of faith we see God's provision. Sure, I wanted that grant...and I wanted it now. But God already knew that wouldn't be the path of funding for us...and He is behind the wheel...and He will provide...I just need to trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment