Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bumps in the Road (Thanks Maureen)

This has been a frustrating two weeks! We have been waiting on our travel approval (one little piece of paper that says we can come to China to get Chloe) for 18 LOOOOONNNNNGGG days! The most irritating part is that little approval hasn't come because of computer/printer issues/updates at the CCCWA. It is really hard to believe computers and printers are keeping us from our Chloe...and to add to that frustration...the US Consulate is closing for TWO WEEKS in July...so if we don't get our travel approval soon we won't be able to get a Consulate appt (to get Chloe's visa) till late JULY!!! I cry at the thought of that! It's been almost 90 days since we have seen Chloe's face!! 90 days...this mama's heart is about to burst...really need that travel approval soon! Our Pastor recently preached a message about us being on God's side and not God being on our side...a concept He is really trying to teach me through all of this. It's a hard lesson...and one that sure doesn't come naturally. Last night, I found out one of our fellow adoptive mamas came home yesterday from China with a new son and daughter. Her son had a serious heart condition and passed away after their return. This hurts my heart...and gets me to thinking why can't adoption be easier...why can't we get to our medically needy children sooner...why in the world are computers and printers stopping us from getting to China. God has a plan...I believe that...therefore, I have hope...despite my heavy heart and frustrations!!!

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will WAIT for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:22-26

Here's a link to my friend Maureen's blog...she does a wonderful job of explaining the details of all the Bumps in the Road that we are experiencing right now. Love her!!!

http://www.findingmeimei.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment