Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy FIRST birthday Chloe Rae!

Yesterday was Chloe's big day in China (5-18)! Today is her big day here in the U.S. We sent Chloe a birthday cake, thumb drive, toys, and some candy for the nannies to her orphanage. I am praying they had a huge party in the LOCC for my sweet girl! And that one day I will see all the pictures of her day ( that I didn't get to spend with her) on the thumb drive. Yesterday, was a difficult day...our paperwork has been held up at the American Consulate in China which had been shut down for several days because of a suspicious white powder. We should have started our wait for Travel Approval (China's invite to come get Chloe) on Wednesday. Instead, our paperwork is STILL at the Consulate waiting for pick up. I am not going to lie...I am pretty bummed! The CCCWA is closing the last week of May for a computer update and then in June it's China's Dragon Boat fest which the whole country closes for...so we were on a pretty tight time crunch to get Travel Approval before all of these closures which could delay us for weeks. But, today is about Chloe...not paperwork! Our girl is ONE and seemingly doing quite well. I met a father who picked up his son this week at Chloe's orphanage and checked on her and took these pictures for us. Such a blessing that I will always grateful for. These pictures were taken the week of her first birthday! We weren't there, but we can see her...and boy do we love her! Chloe Rae, mama and baba are coming! Happy first birthday sweet girl!




1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie, I am so sorry you are not with your girl on her birthday. But, it will be ONE and only birthday you are not together. Come on TA!

    ReplyDelete