Monday, March 3, 2014

Cherished

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherished them." -Richard Evans

Every so often there is a moment when I fight back tears watching Chloe do something new. Today I had one of those moments. Nothing monumental occurred....it was just a swimming lesson, but it was a first lesson and she did so great. In these moments, I reflect back to sitting on her orphanage floor with so many little ones, her friends, and wonder does she have any memory of her life before love, and a family, and swimming lessons. Does she remember that she spent most of her time in her crib? Or that a mama didn't greet her every morning? That she didn't have toys or swimming lessons? Swimming lessons may seem silly, but this is just one of the moments in these last 8 months that take my breath away. I love that we can provide for her and love her, but more importantly cherish her and each of these moments. 

But my tears also stream for those that I played with on that orphanage floor, her friends. Will they ever know what it is like to feel loved...for every single thing they do to be special?

Eight months home and the firsts never get old. Today was an exceptionally special day....we all cheered as she braved the pool and put her hands up and shouted yay with each swim. I cherish these moments...

Her biggest fans and the two best brother swimmers

So excited its her turn



Celebrating eight months 








No comments:

Post a Comment