Sunday, December 1, 2013

Five Months together

Five months ago today I was waking up at the Crowne Plaza in Zhengzhou, Henan, China for what would be the most memorable day of my life. It was a quiet morning filled with nerves until our bus pulled up at the Civil Affairs office! The nerves continued, but it was not calm or quiet. We watched as many families met their babies within seconds of arriving. There were lots of tears from the babies and even the parents. Our little Xue Jian was one of the last to arrive (almost 1.5 hours after we arrived at the office). I will never ever forget her SUV pulling up and the ladies from her orphanage walking her in. They walked right past me with her and I could barely catch my breath. This moment I had dreamed of for sooooo many years was happening and it was more magical than I could have ever imagined. Side note-I would pick Gotcha Day over giving birth any day! The orphanage director handed her over and we fell in love right then and there. I won't lie it hasn't been flowers and roses but one thing has been constant we LOVE our little Xue Jian now known as Chloe Rae to pieces. Each day, if its possible, our bond grows...we could not imagine our life without her! Happy Gotcha Day baby girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment