Friday, April 26, 2013

Waiting for Chloe

Life waiting for Chloe is much better than life not knowing Chloe. Most days, I feel like I need to pinch myself to remind me this is really happening! I have a daughter...a daughter I have dreamed of for so long. A daughter not growing in my womb, but in my heart. It is amazing how much you can love another just from seeing her picture. I find myself studying each picture I have...I love her eyes...and she has the sweetest little nose. Did she get those from her birth mother or father? It makes me so sad that we will never know whose features she has or the mother who gave her life. Many tell me how lucky Chloe is to have us for a family. You know, WE are the lucky ones. And quite frankly, yes, she will know love like she has never known, but with adoption comes loss and trauma. Our precious daughter will never know her birth parents, the circumstances of her first three days of life, and will soon be ripped away from everything she has ever known. I am not anticipating balloons and roses in the weeks and months following her Gotcha Day. My biggest prayer for Chloe now is that God would start to prepare her heart. We are so, so, so incredibly over the moon to be so close to her, but it hurts my heart to think of what grief she will experience on the Gotcha Day and after. Please join us in prayer for little Chloe, her health, and most of all her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment