Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Losing Sight


I have recently felt very convicted that my focus has been on the wrong things (facebook, timelines, blogs). I have also spent lots and lots of time worrying about my circumstances; mainly my little girl on the other side of the world who we have yet to "meet". I have felt some nudging that I should put aside some of the distractions and spend more time in the Word and in prayer. These verses have been on my heart-

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things.  9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you." (NIV) Phillipians 4:6-9

And so today I was obedient...and here is what my devotion from Jesus Calling was today!!!!!!!


 Oh, Lord, thank you for putting me in my place!!! I am so thankful for your grace and that you never give up on me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment