Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Long Overdue Post

It's been months since I have written a blog post. My plan was to really enjoy our summer and not worry so much about keeping up with all the extras like a blog. We really had a great summer and at some point I will post about it here and add some photos. But I write today as I reflect back to this time a year ago when we were in the midst of the brutal surgeries, back and forths to All Children's more times than I can count, and all the while still getting to know our daughter. I spent lots of days in tears as the pre-surgical device caused Chloe so much pain and left me to be the stand in orthodontist so we wouldn't have to travel back and forth every couple days to our surgeon in Tampa. All of this while having a brand spanking new kindergartener and a 3 year old. It was such a crazy time...to be honest it still is. Fast forward a year later we are still in the trenches. The surgeries are behind us for now, but now our days are filled with therapies. Chloe is talking so much more now and has made some really great gains. She is such an amazing, life loving, little girl. I have learned so much from her resilient spirit. Her lip...my heart...both transformed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment