Monday, November 4, 2013

Four months Gotchaversary

On 11-1 little Miss Rae Rae (as I have begun call her) had been with us FOUR months! It seems likes years ago that we were in China having our little chunk monk handed over. Oh how I can kiss her face off! And tickle those chunky thighs. I still look back at pictures from our time in China wishing I had taken it all in a little more. The Chloe in China has changed sooo much. Not just her appearance, but everything about her. In China, she slept between Nick and I and didn't make a peep or move. 



Now my wild woman never stops and the thought of her sleeping between us seems comical. I remember our travels to her orphanage and time spent in her room there. Would her nannies even recognize her now? 

I recently went through a gazillion adoption papers to organize. Many had not been touched since we got off the plane, but this mama couldn't look at the enormous pile any longer. So glad my OCD kicked in because I found the baby book the orphanage staff gave us. Such a treasure I have overlooked in the craziness of settling into life as a family of 5 and surgeries. Any mother who has adopted in a country like China where nothing is known about history knows how special it is to have newborn pictures and even hand and foot prints. I love that her orphanage thought ahead to know one day she would have a family and documented her beginnings long before they knew we existed.



I was told this little boy was Chloe's best friend


My precious baby was so tiny. I don't know what she weighed when she was born or her birth story, but I have glimpses of her first days which I will always be grateful for. 

Happy 4 Months baby girl! What did we ever do without you?! (Well, maybe we sat:) 








2 comments:

  1. Has it only been four months? It feels like she has always been here. Such a natural transition! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! And I adore her halloween outfit!

    ReplyDelete