Monday, October 15, 2012

Waiting

I really feel like shouting from the mountain tops...our dossier is complete!!! This last six months has been FILLED with paperwork, autobiographies, home study, mailings, appointments, fundraisers, etc. I feel like I can finally take a breath and focus on my family. It is absolutely mind boggling to think that this huge step is complete and next we wait...AGAIN!  We wait for the precious little girl that God has for us to be revealed. We wait for permission to go get her. We wait to meet her. Waiting is no fun! I recently re-read a post I wrote while I was waiting on Nick to say yes to adoption. I re-post here-

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

While I am Waiting

(This is a post I put on our totsites the day before Nick said "yes"...I wanted to put it here as well so it is all in one place)

So to most of you it is no surprise that I am desperate to adopt! I have so much I want to share about this it kind of overwhelms me! The Lord has laid so many cool things on my heart in the last months that I want to share. Mostly, so I don't forget and see Him working during this phase of our life, but also so our friends and family can share this incredible journey with us! More importantly, one day, I hope our sweet little girl will be able to look back at these posts and know how MUCH we loved and wanted her!
So, God has really done a number on me in these past months. To say that I have had a total heart makeover is an understatement.  I have prayed many prayers to have my heart burdened for what burdens His and he certainly did answer.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
I can no longer turn over at night and pretend there aren't orphans...TONS of them around this world. I can no longer pretend that some aren't hungry, some aren't scared, some don't know LOVE of any kind, and some don't have incredible special needs. My heart aches! I recently came across this prayer on one of my favorite new blogs (No Hands But Ours). Man, did it speak to me!
Lord Christ,

You have no body on earth but ours,
No hands but ours,
No feet but ours.
Ours are the eyes through which your compassion must look out on the world.
Ours are the feet by which you may still go about doing good.
Ours are the hands with which You bless people now.
Bless our minds and bodies,
That we may be a blessing to others.

St. Theresa of Avila
So, I am completely burdened (thank you Lord) and I have no idea how this journey will end. I can say with confidence that I am learning the difficult lessons of patience and submission to the One who holds all power in His hands WHILE I WAIT!
One of my favorite songs at this point in our journey-
While I'm Waiting by John Waller
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
 
Well, now today, Oct. 15,2012 we are still waiting and this post has more meaning than ever...it's no longer about a desperation to adopt....it is about a desperation to meet our daughter, to hold her, to love her, to provide for her. Yes, we are still waiting, waiting on you Lord, but we are hopeful, though it is painful, but patiently we will wait.

 

1 comment:

  1. Tears! So excited for you and also anxious for you to get to meet your little girl!

    ReplyDelete