Friday, July 13, 2012

This is friendship

Email from my friend Meredith today-

Hey Katie,
 
Below is the email that I sent to the Ellen Show. I also sent your website.. :) Fingers crossed that we hear from them. Unfortunately I only had 1500 characters to send in the email so I had to be brief!
 
 
Dear Ellen,
I like the way you make me laugh and I love the way you dance! You end every show with "Be kind to one another". What powerful words at a time when hate seems so prevalant in the world.
 I am writing because I have some dear friends, Katie and Nick Peterman that are going to adopt a special needs child from China. A very selfless act. I couldnt think of a kinder more loving family or a better way for people to "Be kind to one another". They believe this is their calling and as friends we have rallied to help them. This is very expensive so fundraisers have started.
Thats when I thought of you! You help so many families and frequently it brings tears to my eyes. It would mean so much for me to be able to make a connection for them that would bring their little girl home. There is a child in need and they are willing to help. They have already done some of their home studies but the majority of their expenses will be in the cost of the adoption and the traveling to/from China. I would love to share their entire story and journey with you and be able to introduce your audience to this amazing family! I look forward to hearing from you or one of your staff! We hope that this adoption story will bring awareness to adoption and make people smile, the way you are able to, on a daily basis! Thank you!
Meredith
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is so exciting! What a sweet thing to do! And such an awesome idea! Yay Meredith! I truly hope you hear from them Katie. I'll be praying for that. Keep me posted! This is SO exciting. Love ya!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete